'Explorer' Kids Reversible Classic Bucket Hat
It’s all about the details! With a tapered crown with horizontal band and sweet stitch detail on the brim, our Explorer Classic Bucket hats are a style step up from the usual bucket hat! Light and cool on heads, kids will barely notice they’re wearing a hat! Made from 100% eco-friendly linen which can self-cool in summer and warm in winter, the Explorer hat provides UPF50+ sun protection without overheating heads. The wide brims shield eyes and faces all year round, while the woven interfacing and thin cord edge in the brim gives a little more flexibility and shape without flopping in eyes.
Fully reversible with a pattern on one side and a coordinating solid colour on the other, you get two hats for the price of one. Adjustable ties at the back of the crown allow the perfect fit to be achieved, and elasticated straps tie under chins to keep hats in place. The elastic in the ties allows stretch and comfort, and ensures the ties aren’t too tight.
Like a burst of rainbowy sunrises! This Sydney print has beautiful cooling colours, a great print and the most perfect grey/blue Steele as the reverse.
Best suited to: Independent kids on the move - perfect for outdoor adventures!
|6 - 12mth / 46 - 50cm / S||6cm|
|1 - 3 years / 50 - 54cm / M||6.5cm|
|3 - 6 years / 54 - 58cm / L||7cm|
|6 - 13 years / 58 - 62cm / XL||7.5cm|
- Lightweight and comfortable for kids who fuss over hats.
- Wide brims with tapered crowns for great style.
- Rated UPF50+ Excellent Protection.
- Fully reversible with a pattern on one side and a coordinating plain colour on the other.
- Adjustable and elasticised ties on the crown allow the perfect fit on both sides.
- Earthy colours and patterns inspired by nature for timeless style.
- Tested in accordance with Australia & New Zealand Standards 4399.
- Sun-Smart recommended brim depths (see tab below for measurements).
- Made from 100% eco-friendly linen which is recyclable, biodegradable and has a better-for-the-environment manufacturing process.
- Slightly flexible and shapeable brims for a more flowy feel without the flop.
- Wash & wear - gentle cold machine wash in a wash bag and line dry in the shade.
- Beautiful button-up leather 'Return to' label for names to help hats get home safely.
- Elasticised chin ties to keep hats in place (the elastic allows some stretch so not too tight).
NOTE: Chin ties can easily be removed if required without compromising the quality of the hat – you just need scissors
Bedhead Hats is a family run business based on the NSW Central Coast - 100% Aussie owned. We take great pride in creating a range of hats that make sun safety more comfortable for babies & children.
Teaching children to wear hats can be a trying time for parents. Bedhead makes this life skill easier to learn. With hats small enough to fit newborns from the day they leave hospital, it is never too early to start. Familiarising a baby with the sensation of wearing a hat, especially with a brim is the key to raising a toddler that searches for their hat to wear before going outdoors.
Having a very 'out-doorsie' little newborn boy who loved roaming around the neighbourhood in his pram, I desperately needed a hat. Searching high and low, I found that there was very little in the way of glare/sun protective hats for little babies. Surprisingly most hats for young children were not 'kiddie-friendly' either. Heavy hot canvases, floppy brims in eyes, clashing prints and little to offer in practical sun protection made it understandable why little one's would keep ripping their hats off. Starting from this gap in the children's head wear market – bedhead was created!
We offer free shipping Australia wide on orders over $200*. This excludes ceramics, bulky and heavy items. Orders under this will be charge $10 for flat rate shipping.
Orders containing Ceramics will be charged $15 for shipping.
Orders containing any bottles will be charged $22 for shipping.
Please note that due to COVID-19, natural disasters or unprecedented events shipping delays can - and most likely - will occur.
We also offer local pick up for the local loves that want to nab something and pick it up later (simply select Local Pick Up at the Shipping section of Checkout). If you can't make it in, Local Delivery is available at a reduced rate and this is by courier which will take around 3 business days.
International orders continue to be impacted, If your package is delayed by more than 14 business days past expected arrival date, please open an enquiry with AUS Post directly.
Some domestic orders are being impacted and we are finding no rhyme or reason as to how delayed they are as some routes are the same as usual, and others are much much slower. We are finding that parcels going to WA, VIC, TAS and SA from Coffs Harbour are taking a longer amount of time, due to the length of distance along with the pressures of the postal system.
Things you can do:
1. Always check your address is entered 100% correctly when placing an order to ensure it has a direct route to you
3. Enquire or contact AusPost or Sendle once a good few days has passed since your due date. Delays can be up to 14 working days at the moment I am finding (this doesn't include public holidays like Easter long weekend, Anzac Day etc)
4. Be kind to your customer service agents via the business you are purchasing from and delivery partners. Delays are out of our control and are to be expected during this current time.
Sending love, health and lightness. Soph xx
We do not offer refunds unless deemed faulty (read below).
We offer exchanges or Credit Notes only within 14 days of purchase, unless item is on sale then there are NO returns, exchanges or refunds.
Items must be in the condition you received it in, and with a proof of purchase (if designer it must have the tags still attached and be unworn). It is at our discretion to refuse exchanges on items we believe to be NOT in the condition it was sent in.
Credit Notes are valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
We cannot exchange items out of this 14 day period. You can email email@example.com for customer service regarding returns.
No returns or exchanges are granted on sale items. We also respectfully specify one exchange per order.
Due to Health Reasons we do not grant exchanges or returns on earrings or swimwear.
Any issues that occur during shipping are not in our control, if there are MAJOR defects to your item we will do our best to claim these at the fault of AUS Post, we do everything in our power to ensure it arrives to you safe and sound, please be mindful that we don't have control over the handling of your parcels.
We use both Bio Post packs and recycled packaging from the orders we receive, we are a conscious boutique after all, so we minimise waste at every opportunity. your parcel may arrive in a box who's having its second life but we will always protect your items!
**Any return shipping costs are at buyers expense**.
We do not cancel orders once made.
We do not offer Refunds for Change of mind, wrong choice, or on any Pre Order items.
If there is a major fault in your product we will first:
a) refer to the supplier/brand for a replacement or refund or
b) refund if it is deemed faulty by either the brand or us.
By purchasing you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.